A month into the new year and I think it’s about time I put up what my goals are for they year.
First thing’s first: Why did I wait so long to post my goals?
I wanted to get myself in order and make a semi-routine for how my days will be for a least a little while. Now that I’m almost a month in I can better direct myself to my goals.
SO what are my goals?
- Health and fitness goals
Those goals are more or less the same: Workout at least 4 times a week and make it to my goal weight/lean out before seriously adding muscle.
However I did add on some skills to my goal.
- Pistol squats (one-legged squats)
- Do a handstand.
These will take time and a lot of effort but I think it would be a good way to really push and test myself.
- Financial Goal
Again pretty much the same, save more, pay stuff off, and budget. Which I have been doing but like we all know. Everything is expensive and bills suck. Unfortunately my current job cut my hours so now I add getting a new job. Doing this will, obviously, help me get on better track to reach my financial goals.
- Writing More.
As previously stated in more than one blog post, this is hard for me to do since I am generally lazy and fearful of not improving in my writing. But in order to improve I have to shake that off and just keep writing.
So what else am I doing to make sure I am writing more, writing blog posts of course. I didn’t do too well last year but compared to the year before I killed it! So this year this is my goal for my blog.
Have a total of 52 posts by the end of the year. That means one post a week or (since I missed most of January) double up certain weeks and post twice.
I won’t promise consistency with this. I can’t promise myself that. But I can try.
- Reading more.
First off this is not sponsored, don’t think I ever will be, but I found an app called Bookly and so far it’s helped me not only get back into reading but I already finished one book on my list. I can scan the ISBN of a book and add it to my collection. It has background sounds for reading, you can set a reminder to read and it’s not an annoying alarm, you can set reading goals. It also has a feature to help you keep track of what page you’re on, and check your reading stats to see how long you read when you crack open your book and the amount of pages read in that time.
Oh yeah, there’s a time when you select which book you’re going to read with a pause and finish function. So far I like this app and I will do a future post on how much i like it and if it’s helped me keep up with my reading in the long run.
So those are my main goals. I have added other little things that I would want to try to do but if I can’t, no sweat it’s not something I usually did in the first place.
Some extra/ secondary goals include things like:
- Giving more:
- Volunteering. I’ve done it before but at the same time it was something I wasn’t excited about because it wasn’t in something I was interested in whatsoever.
- Donations. I have a lot of stuff that I don’t use or need. Mostly clothing, some shoes. I do have a few other things like make up I don’t use that isn’t expired.
- House Stuff
- There are quite a few things in my house that are squished together, shoved in boxes or in cabinets. So one goal is to clean up and organize what I can.
- Flood Preparedness. This is something I started and is mostly done but I feel like I can do more. I haven’t written yet about my house flooding (I will) but I will detail a post on my steps and link other blogs that have helped me really think about what’s important.
- Fun and Relationships
- I want to do more for my SO, I’ve made it a point to make it a goal in life to make sure he knows how much I care about him. (Yes it’s sappy but still, let me be sappy)
- As far as fun I don’t make it a priority and I think more people should. At least every 6 weeks do something fun, whether it’s reading something or making something. I promise myself to have a little fun now and then.
- More family time. I like being by myself but I should be doing my best to spend as much time with them as I can.
That’s pretty much it. It’s a lot, more than it was last year but that’s okay. Everyday affords me a new opportunity to do something that puts me closer to my goals